WHAT EQUIPMENT DOES MY CHILD NEED?
All Equipment items are "mandatory" unless otherwise noted.
- CSA-approved helmet with full face protection (cage) & chin straps
- Hockey gloves (NO lacrosse gloves)
- Protective cup jack/jill
- Soccer-style shin pads with socks covering shin pads or pants covering pads (soft or hard plastic material) OR you can use D-Gels (a one-piece shin guard w/ knee pad)
supportive running shoes (no skater shoes)
- Hockey stick with wooden or composite blade (no plastic blades)
- Highly recommended - soft knee pads (no ice hockey shin pads)
Highly recommended - soft elbow pads - must be covered up by long-sleeved jersey or long-sleeved t-shirt (no ice hockey elbow pads)