Code of Conduct - player
PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT
It is the intention of this CONTRACT to promote fair play and respect for all participants within the Association (GVMBHA). The expectation is for PLAYERS to sign this pledge before he/she participates in ball hockey and must continue to observe the principles of Fair Play.
FAIR PLAY CODE
- I will play ball hockey because I want to, not because others or coaches want me to;
- I will play by the rules of ball hockey and in the spirit of the game;
- I will do my best to be a true team player and work equally hard for myself and my team;
- I will act in a manner that reflects positively upon myself, my parent/guardian, team, and GVMBHA;
- I will remember that winning isn't everything - that having fun, improving skills, making friends and doing my best are also important;
- I will respect my teammates, coaches, managers, opponents and officials;
- I will control my temper - fighting or "mouthing-off", breaking sticks, and throwing gloves or other equipment can spoil the activity for everyone and will not be tolerated;
- I will never bully, haze or take unfair advantage of any player, be that on or off the floor or in any electronic form - including online/mobile phone and/or social media;
- I will acknowledge all good plays and performances - those on my team and my opponents;
I agree to abide by the principles of the FAIR PLAY CODE as set and supported by this Association.
I also agree to abide by the rules, regulations and decisions as set by the Association (GVMBHA) and understand that failure to abide by these principles may result in disciplinary action which can include, inter alia, suspensions or termination or expulsion from membership.
PLAYER NAME: __________________________________________ DATE: _______________________
SIGNATURE: _________________________________________ TEAM: _________________________
PARENT NAME: __________________________________________ DATE: _______________________
PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT (PDF)